In this day and age, it is important to take proactive measures to safeguard your personal information from the dangers of identity theft.
As part of our commitment to fight the effects of identity theft and bring you programs of incredible value, we have joined with the nation's best provider to offer IDSafeChoice Select. To be sure you have a complete recovery program in place for you and your family so, if the worst happens, you can rest assured that you won't be left to clean-up the mess on your own.
The bottom line is this – it is important to take proactive measures and do all you can to safeguard your personal information. Following sensible precautions like shredding and being wary of emails can help reduce your risk. But no one is without some risk.
All RTP Federal Credit Union members with a checking or money fund account are automatically enrolled. The fee will draft automatically from your account. If you would like to enroll but do not have one of these accounts, simply contact us at (919) 941-5700 to enroll.
How does it work?
Fee = $1.50 per family, per month (only $18 per year)
Receive recovery services for three generations of your family. The benefits of this program are offered to all named accountholders on an account plus his or her:
- Spouse or domestic partner — regardless of marital status or gender.
- Dependents under the age of 25, with the same permanent address — even if in college or military.
- Parents with the accountholder's permanent address, living with the account holder or in elder care (assisted living, nursing home or hospice). With benefits extended up to 12 months following death.
IDSafeChoice provides you with the reassurance that if identity theft strikes — no matter what the reason — a professional is standing by, ready to restore your good name — no matter how long it takes.
If your identity becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop or notification of your involvement in a data breach, IDSafeChoice can help with a Personal Recovery Advocate.
Fully-Managed Identity Recovery
Your Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity. Your Advocate will:
- Place fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus for you.
- Provide you with access to credit reports from all three bureaus and review the reports with you to identify fraudulent activity.
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim.
- Activate credit monitoring during your recovery to help you watch for additional signs of abuse.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, etc. as applicable, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity.
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
- Follow-up to make sure all wrongful activity is reversed and removed from your records.
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity.
- Activate other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisors.
- Provide 12 months of follow-up after your recovery is complete — to be sure you stay recovered!